Raising the level of data protection in the EU
EuroPriSe aims at contributing to a uniform application of the GDPR and to raising the level of data protection in the EU and beyond through high quality data protection certification, thereby strengthening both the rights of data subjects and the market position of certified companies. Taking a risk-based approach to processing operations and IT products from the data subject perspective and considering data protection by design and by default contributes significantly to achieving this goal.
The benefits of certification
We firmly believe that data protection, if properly addressed, creates consumer and B2B trust and can thus be an innovation enabler and a competitive advantage. Certification according to EuroPriSe provides a valuable contribution to the unlocking of this potential.
At EuroPriSe, detailed and precise certification criteria make it transparent to customers and the interested public, which requirements processing operations to be certified must meet. Sophisticated methodological specifications ensure a uniform application of the certification criteria and a comparable level of testing depth across different certification procedures. As a result, this also provides for non-discriminatory treatment of certification customers.
Many years of experience in the field of data protection certification and an interdisciplinary team of experienced technical and legal certification specialists make EuroPriSe the perfect choice for anyone considering data protection certification.
Advantages of Certification
Certification according to EuroPriSe provides customers with the following benefits:
- Demonstration of compliance with GDPR: B2B, B2C, supervisory authority
- Perfect tool in terms of accountability (Art. 5 (2) GDPR)
- Minimization of liability risks
- Avoidance resp. reduction of fines
- Better image / reputation / trust anchor
- Marketing effect / competitive advantage / unique selling proposition
- Optimization of processes and services
- Last, but not least: Better data protection
Fostering Transparency About Privacy
EuroPriSe envisions an information technology that recognizes, enhances and ensures privacy by integrated technology (Privacy by Design). The certification scheme is designed to promote visibility for privacy compliant and enhancing websites and IT products and services. By introducing a transparent and revisable procedure, EuroPriSe aims to mobilise competition in privacy and to foster user trust.
A Classic Win-Win Situation
The seal offers a positive incentive by market and marketing advantages to implement and observe privacy.
A classic win-win situation is envisioned for all participants:
- Customers benefit from a qualified product or service,
- Seal holders profit from market advantages,
- Privacy protection authorities benefit from at hand in-depth documentation,
- IT-industry gains confidence and trust, and
- Society benefits from an improvement of basic rights protection.