DIGITTRADE High Security HDD HS256S
Qualification: IT product
View the DIGITTRADE Certificate
28/02/2013 until 28/02/2015
Not applicable (IT product)
DIGITTRADE Short Public Report [PDF]
Technical & organisational measures
Confidentiality and integritiy of (personal) data that are stored on the DIGITTRADE HS256S hard disk are ensured by means of strong encryption methods and secure (2 factor) authentication.
Users of DIGITTRADE HS256S are informed about relevant data protection issues by means of specific notes on data protection in the user manual.
DIGITTRADE HS256S facilitates privacy-compliant use. Responsibility for the processing of personal data lies with the user of the product.
The target of evaluation (ToE) is an external hard disk drive. It guarantees confidentiality and intergrity of (personal) data by means of
- full hard disk encryption (256 bit AES, CBC mode)
- 2 factor authentication: smart card and PIN (“possession & knowledge”)
- management of encryption key (generation, change, copying and destruction)
- external storage of encyption key (on smart card)
DIGITTRADE HS256S is available with different amounts of storage capacity (functionalities that are relevant for the certification are always the same).
The ToE includes:
- DIGITTRADE HS256S Java Card Applet v1.3 in connection with smart card NXP Semiconductors P5CD081 J3A081 JCOP v2.4.1 R3, BSI-DSZ-CC-0675-2011
- ID-One Applet in connection with smart card Oberthur Cosmo 64 v5.4 FIPS-140-2 Level 3
- integrated card reader
- integrated key panel
- integrated encryption modul
- communication between smart card and controller
- host interface (USB & Firewire)
- protected storage
The ToE does NOT include as such
- smart card NXP Semiconductors P5CD081 J3A081 JCOP v2.4.1 R3 , BSI-DSZ-CC-0675-2011
- smart card Oberthur Cosmo 64 v5.4 FIPS-140-2 Level 3
Formerly Certified Versions