Lawyer (m/f/d) with Focus on Data Protection Law
EuroPriSe is one of the leading and most experienced European organizations offering certifications in the field of data protection. This puts us in the driver seat to offer the latest, and most sought-after certifications.
For the certification authority at our location in Bonn, EuroPriSe Cert GmbH is looking for a Data Protection Certification Specialist (Legal) with considerable experience in the field of EU data protection law.
If you work in data protection and are eager to advance your career, join the EuroPriSe team on our journey to become the most reliable, trustworthy and successful certification body for data protection in Europe and beyond. Make this job application your big step towards taking your career in data protection to the next level.
- Planning and implementation of legal evaluations in the context of certification procedures;
- Listing of the results of legal evaluations in so-called evaluation reports;
- Interdisciplinary cooperation with experts in the field of technical data protection and IT security in the context of evaluations.
- Review of applications for certification from a legal perspective;
- Contribution to the development of new / the enhancement of existing certification schemes;
- Conduct training sessions on key (legal) aspects of certification schemes or related topics.
Requirements / Your Profile:
- Successful graduation in law after a university course with a standard period of study of at least eight semesters at an (EU) state or state-recognized university (e.g., LL.M. or First State Examination in Law);
- Very good knowledge of EU data protection law (in particular: GDPR);
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the field of data protection;
- Knowledge / professional experience in organizational data protection (e.g., execution of data protection impact assessments, implementation of data protection management systems), preferably acquired during a professional activity as a data protection officer;
- Knowledge / professional experience in the field of examination (e.g., auditing and/or certification);
- At least very good, preferably fluent command of the English language in speech and writing (including relevant specialist terms);
- Independent and structured working routine as well as an obliging manner;
- Readiness to travel.
- Knowledge of the following international standards on management systems: ISO/IEC 27001, 27017, 27018 and 27701;
- Knowledge of the following conformity assessment standards: ISO/IEC 17000, 17020, 17021 and 17065;
- Knowledge of the EuroPriSe certification scheme (evaluation techniques, normative documents, processes);
- Note-taking and report-writing skills, presentation skills, interviewing skills as well as project management skills;
- At least very good, preferably fluent command of the German language in speech and writing (including relevant specialist terms);
- Knowledge in any additional foreign language.
- A future-proof permanent position in a diverse and exciting work environment;
- A job with a high scope of responsibility in an international setting and on the pulse of modern technology;
- A pleasant working environment with flat hierarchies and short lines of communications;
- Modern offices in a beautiful landscape at the Rhine river;
- Good training opportunities;
- Last, but not least: An attractive salary and additional benefits (e.g., a company car).
EuroPriSe began as a project funded by the EU Commission with the aim of introducing an EU data protection seal of approval. Today, EuroPriSe Cert GmbH offers the certification of IT products and IT-based services internationally. Holders of the EuroPriSe seal are companies of various sizes, from small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to internationally active corporations such as Microsoft, SAP and Siemens. The EuroPriSe criteria catalogue for processors was approved by the competent supervisory authority, the LDI NRW, as the first criteria document by a private company in the EU.
Are you interested?
Then apply stating your desired salary and earliest possible starting date.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find our PGP key at www.euprivacyseal.com/EPS-en/EuroPriSe-Imprint.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Mr. Sebastian Meissner at +49 228 763 679 30.
How do we process your personal data?
We process your application solely for the purpose of selecting applicants in accordance with Section 26 (1) BDSG. Data processing for other purposes does not take place. If your application is unsuccessful, your documents will be deleted no later than three months after the rejection notice has been sent. Please study our Privacy Notice to learn more (in particular, on your rights as a data subject).
Organization: EuroPriSe Cert GmbH
Job Location: Bonn
Job Immediate Start: 21.11.2022
Valid Through: 21.05.2023
Date Posted: 16.11.2022
Work Hours: 40h/Woche
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Language: German, English