ICAM Legal Aid Solution
Function as provided in July 2009
03/11/2009 until 31/10/2011
Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Madrid (ICAM)
Serrano, n° 9
The technical and organisational measures implemented by ICAM ensure a high level of confidentiality, integrity and availability of the personal data processed. This particularly applies to the implementation of access control, redundancy concept and back-up procedures.
ICAM is the bar association of the community of Madrid. It is legally obliged to check whether legal aid requests filed by citizens consist of the appropriate documentation and meet the legal and economic requirements established by Spanish law. Fulfilling this task, ICAM makes use of its Legal Aid Solution.
ICAM’s Legal Aid Solution encompasses the operation of internally developed software managing the legal aid database and a web interface allowing independent duty solicitors to access information about pending legal fees and payment dates.
Employing the Legal Aid Solution, ICAM processes personal data of citizens requesting legal aid and of independent duty solicitors.
The Target of Evaluation (ToE) encompasses
- ICAM Legal Aid Application, version 9.0.215, and its operation,
- web interface allowing duty solicitors to access payment information,
- interfaces to third parties involved in the granting of legal aid,
- server hosting.
It does not include
- transmission of payment data to banks,
- third party networks as such,
- solicitors’ hardware and software configurations,
- other legal aid related services.
Technical and Legal Evaluator
Paloma LLaneza González
Hermanos Bécquer, n° 7, 5ª
28006 – Madrid